Schroder ISF - China Opportunities* & Schroder China Equity Alpha Fund
Capture investment opportunities arising from China’s structural change
At the broader macroeconomic level, the market still expects supportive policies from the government to halt the slowdown in the economy. In addition, there has been much talk about reforms, in particular at State Owned Enterprises (SOEs), and increasing investments, with China’s plans for regional infrastructure investment through the ‘One Belt, One Road’ plan a notable example.
Against the challenging macro backdrop in China, we still expect to find investment ideas at the stock level as China’s gradual transition from an investment-driven model of expansion towards a consumption-driven one continues to provide many opportunities for investors.
Schroders’ investment expertise in China
Schroders’ top-class investment teams provide the below China-focused portfolios. With their wealth of experience, resources and dedicated research on China, the teams' help investors capture the abundant growth opportunities in the Greater China region.
- Achieve long-term capital appreciation via an active fundamental equity investment strategy utilising a robust and repeatable process
- Capture growth potential in the diversified China equity universe including A-shares, B-shares, H-shares, and Red Chips
- Tap into investment opportunities arising from China’s structural changes
- Select opportunities at the stock level through evaluating the impact of policies and developments on specific businesses
- A Distribution share class offers a quarterly payout (Distribution rate is not guaranteed, and payment of distributions could be paid out from capital. Pay attention to Important Information 7.)
- Gain exposure to China’s domestic stock markets via the QFII quota and the Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect scheme
- Expanded investible universe following China’s further market-liberalising measures such as the launch of the Stock Connect Scheme
- Capture long term value in sectors that could benefit from China’s transformation towards a consumption-led & high-value added manufacturing economy
- Rigorous active risk controls and resources to deliver compelling risk-adjusted returns
*Schroder International Selection Fund is referred to as Schroder ISF.