Schroder Asian Total Return Investment Company plc
Schroder Asian Total Return Investment Company plc seeks to provide a high rate of total return through investment in equities and equity related securities of companies trading in the Asia Pacific region (excluding Japan). The Company seeks to offer a degree of capital preservation through tactical use of derivative instruments.
The Company targets attractive investment opportunities across diverse Asian equity markets. The fund is co-managed by Robin Parbrook and King Fuei Lee who both head teams for Schroders in Asia leveraging the local knowledge of Schroders’ extensive network of analysts in the region.
Past performance is not a guide to future performance and may not be repeated. The value of investments and the income from them may go down as well as up and investors may not get back the amount originally invested.
|Schroder Asian Total Return Investment Company plc||Q3 2015-Q3 2016||Q3 2014 - Q3 2015||Q3 2013- Q3 2014||Q3 2012 - Q3 2013||Q3 2011 - Q3 2012|
|NAV total return||37.7||0.7||9.1||0.8||18.5|
|Share price total return||45.1||-2.8||8.5||7.3||14.7|
|Reference index total return**||38.1||-8.2||6.1||3.5||15.7|
Source: Schroders, bid to bid price with net income reinvested, net of the ongoing charges and portfolio costs and, where applicable, performance fees, in GBP, as at 31 October 2016. *On 18/03/2013 the MSCI AC Asia Pacific ex Japan replaced the MSCI AC Asia ex Japan as the reference index.
What are the risks?
- Past performance is not a guide to future performance and may not be repeated. The value of investments and the income from them may go down as well as up and investors may not get back the amount originally invested.
- Investors in the emerging markets and Asia should be aware that this involves a high degree of risk and should be seen as long term in nature.
- Less developed markets are generally less well regulated than the UK, they may be less liquid and may have less reliable arrangements for trading and settlement of the underlying holdings.
- The Company holds investments denominated in currencies other than sterling, investors should note that exchange rates may cause the value of these investments, and the income from them, to rise or fall.
- The Company invests in smaller companies that may be less liquid than in larger companies and price swings may therefore be greater than investment companies that invest in larger companies.
- The Company may borrow money to invest in further investments, this is known as gearing. Gearing will increase returns if the value of the investments purchased increase in value by more than the cost of borrowing, or reduce returns if they fail to do so.
- Investments such as warrants, participation certificates, guaranteed bonds, etc. will expose the fund to the risk of the issuer of these instruments defaulting on paying the capital back to the Company
Other Investment Trusts
- Schroder AsiaPacific Fund plc
- Schroder Global Real Estate Securities Limited
- Schroder Income Growth Fund plc
- Schroder Japan Growth Fund plc
- Schroder Oriental Income Fund Limited
- Schroder Real Estate Investment Trust Limited
- Schroder UK Growth Fund plc
- Schroder UK Mid Cap Fund plc
Registrar contact detailsEquiniti Limited
Aspect House, Spencer Road
West Sussex, BN99 6DA
Shareholder Helpline: 0800 032 0641*
*Calls to this number are free of charge from UK landlines