Value Christmas Treasure Hunt, Part 1 – Enter our festive quiz for a chance to win a £100 donation to charity
Today and next week, The Value Perspective will pose 12 questions based loosely – sometimes very loosely – on The 12 Days of Christmas. All relate to the more than 100 articles and blogs posted on this site over the course of 2016 by The Value Perspective team of Nick Kirrage, Kevin Murphy, Andrew Lyddon, Ian Kelly, Andrew Evans, Andrew Williams and Simon Adler. There will then be a bonus round of 8 general knowledge Christmas questions.
Please email your full set of 20 answers to UKMarketing@schroders.com and all correct entries received by noon on 31 December 2016 will be included in a draw to win a £100 donation to a registered charity of your choice- this being the season of good will.
Here on The Value Perspective, we would like to take this opportunity to thank all our visitors for their continued support and to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year.
Part 1 questions
- No partridge in a pear tree but a bird in the hand – in Long haul, what species of animal did scientists find were able to resist the lure of immediate gratification for between eight and 14 seconds?
- No turtle doves but a tortoise and a hare – in Time to think, we quote a line mentioning the race between these two unlikely competitors from which other financial blog?
- Not three French hens but two French men – who are the two French internationals among the footballers mentioned in Window-dressing?
- No calling birds, just ‘calling time’ – which television programme, mentioned in Thinking inside the box, had time called on it by its producers this summer?
- Not so much gold rings as bell rings – a famous experiment by which Russian physiologist, mentioned in Cause and defect, involved ringing bells before lunchtime?
- No geese a-laying but one peacock playing – in A peacock’s tale, what is the answer to the joke, How many efficient market theorists does it take to change a light bulb?
Entrants must be UK residents and aged over 18yrs. Full terms and conditions of entry can be found here.
The views and opinions displayed are those of Ian Kelly, Nick Kirrage, Andrew Lyddon, Kevin Murphy, Andrew Williams, Andrew Evans and Simon Adler, members of the Schroder Global Value Equity Team (the Value Perspective Team), and other independent commentators where stated. They do not necessarily represent views expressed or reflected in other Schroders' communications, strategies or funds. The Team has expressed its own views and opinions on this website and these may change.
This article is intended to be for information purposes only and it is not intended as promotional material in any respect. Reliance should not be placed on the views and information on the website when taking individual investment and/or strategic decisions. Nothing in this article should be construed as advice. The sectors/securities shown above are for illustrative purposes only and are not to be considered a recommendation to buy/sell.
Past performance is not a guide to future performance and may not be repeated. The value of investments and the income from them may go down as well as up and investors may not get back the amounts originally invested.