Terms and conditions
PROMOTING COMPANY: Schroder Investment Management Limited (“Schroders”).
ADMINISTRATIVE AND REGISTERED OFFICE: 31 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7QA.
This prize draw is free to enter (the “Free Prize Draw”) and no investment into or purchase of any Schroder product is necessary to enter. Investment into a Schroder Fund will not improve your chances of winning.
By entering the Free Prize Draw, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (the “Official Rules”):
- DURATION: The Free Prize Draw commences on 09.00am Greenwich Mean Time on [21 July 2016] and closes at 12.00pm on [21 August 2016] Greenwich Mean Time (the “Promotional Period”), or after 300 prizes have been won; whichever one is firstSchroders reserves the right to extend the Promotional Period and amount of prizes won.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Free Prize Draw is open to legal residents of the United Kingdom, and not open to residents of the Republic of Ireland or the Channel Islands, who hold valid passports for travel only. Entrants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Officers, directors, employees and their immediate family members of Schroders and Schroders’ parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries are not eligible to win the prize. Entry to this Free Prize Draw does not constitute entry into any other promotion or contest.
- THE PRIZE: The prize is comprised of a red velvet cupcake with buttercream icing. May contain traces of nuts.
The prize is not transferable or negotiable, and there is no cash alternative. Schroders reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
- HOW TO ENTER: To be eligible to win , you must:
- i. Visit the URL www.thevalueperspective.com
- ii. Complete the quiz and answer 10 out of 10 questions correctly.
- iii. Submit valid contact details.
Entries are limited to one per person. Proof of email or fax is not proof of receipt of entry. Mechanical reproductions or use of automatic devices is strictly prohibited. Only entries received by Schroders during the Promotional Period will be accepted. All competition entries received after the Promotional Period are automatically disqualified. Schroders shall not be responsible for errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether originating from the entrant, Schroders, or otherwise, that may limit the entrant’s ability to participate in the Free Prize Draw. The submission of entries within the allotted time shall be the sole responsibility of the entrant.
- WINNER SELECTION: Only entrants answering all questions correctly will win. The winners will be determined within 7 days of the quiz completion. The prize will be delivered within 28 days.
- GENERAL: In the event that the operation, security or administration of the Free Prize Draw is impaired, disrupted or corrupted in any way for any reason, including but not limited to fraud, tampering or other technical problems, Schroders may, in its sole discretion:
Cancel, modify, terminate or suspend the Free Prize Draw to address the impairment and then resume the Free Prize Draw in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules.
By entering and participating in the Free Prize Draw, you agree:
- i. To abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and decisions of Schroders, which shall be final;
- ii. To represent and warrant that all information provided by you in connection with the Free Prize Draw is true, accurate and complete as of the date of entry;
- iii. Schroders has not made any warranty or guarantee in whole or in part in relation to the prize, including, but not limited to, its quality or suitability for use;
- iv. Schroders reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and/or deem ineligible any entrant they suspect to be in violation of, or have failed to agree to, these Official Rules, any entrant acting in a disruptive or dishonest manner, or any entrant who engages in any activity which offends the public morals, embarrasses Schroders or violates the law of any jurisdiction; and
- v. Schroders reserves the right to publish the name, home town and photograph of the winners and entry to the competition is acceptance of such possible editorial coverage.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: In no event will Schroders or any of its parent, affiliate, subsidiary or related companies, or their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Schroders Entities”) be responsible or liable for any claims, actions, demands, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including lawyer/attorney fees or any healthcare fees) of any kind, including, without limitation, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or losses caused by third parties, arising out of your participation in the Free Prize Draw or any related activities, and you agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Schroders Entities from any such claims, actions, demands, liabilities, damages, losses, costs and expenses. Without limiting the foregoing, the Free Prize Draw and all prizes and materials in connection with the Free Prize Draw are provided ‘as is’ without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except as prohibited, these Official Rules and any disputes (non-contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS/E-MAILS: When entering the Free Prize Draw you may be asked to consent to receive promotional materials, and/or emails from Schroders and selected third parties. Consenting to receive promotional materials and/or emails is optional and does not have to be agreed upon in order to participate in the Free Prize Draw. You may have your name removed from such mailing list at any time by writing to email@example.com.
- DATA PROTECTION: Information provided in the Free Prize Draw will become the sole property of Schroders and will not be returned. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller in relation to any personal data you supply is Schroder Investment Management Limited. Information you supply may be processed for the purposes of providing you with information about Schroders’ products, by any company within the Schroder group, by third parties who provide services to Schroder Investment Management Limited, and such processing may include the transfer of data out of the European Economic Area. You hereby consent to the processing of your personal data by Schroders and the persons listed above for such purposes. We will not keep your information for longer than is necessary and will take steps to ensure that it is kept up to date. You have a right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to ask what information we hold about you. You can do this by writing to the Data Protection Officer at Schroder Investment Management Limited, 31 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7QA.
Issued by Schroder Investment Management Limited, 31 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7QA. Registered number 01893220. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.