US Core Plus Fixed Income
The US Core Plus Fixed Income strategy seeks a high level of total return.
The strategy seeks to generate return by investing across the full maturity and credit spectrum of fixed income securities, including US Treasury, agency, securitized, investment grade and high yield corporate, emerging market and non-dollar corporate debt. The Fund focuses on active sector rotation, security selection, duration and yield curve strategies. We use a team approach in constructing investment strategy and portfolio decisions are supported by extensive fundamental, technical and quantitative research. Sector specialist portfolio managers execute investment strategy using a relative value framework, with the goal of capitalizing on opportunities across a wide range of market conditions.
The US Core Plus Fixed Income strategy typically maintains portfolio duration at +/- 20% of the duration of the Barclays US Aggregate Index. Exposure to high yield securities is limited to 20% of the portfolio and total exposure to non-dollar, high yield and emerging market debt is limited to 40% of the portfolio.
The US Multi-Sector Fixed Income team is made up of several New York based portfolio managers dedicated to value-oriented fixed income investing, and are supported by an experienced team of more than 30 global credit analysts, with geographical and industry expertise.
- Fixed Income markets are global, interrelated and generally efficient but can overreact to events, creating investment opportunities
- We believe that a globally integrated team of research-driven bond investors is the ideal structure to take advantage of these opportunities
- Using a disciplined investment process and diversified strategies, we seek to generate consistent above benchmark returns with lower than average volatility
Our fixed income process consists of four distinct steps:
- Conduct in-depth proprietary market research (fundamental, quantitative and technical) to develop investment themes that we feel will dominate markets over the ensuing three to six month period
- Develop and prioritize investment strategies, based on investment themes, which will determine optimal portfolio positioning in three primary areas of the market: duration, yield curve exposure, and sector allocation
- Implement investment strategies within the portfolio, using a relative value framework to prioritize investment ideas and execute security selection
- Continually review portfolio within rigorous risk management framework
The cornerstone of our investment process is our weekly US Fixed Income strategy meeting. Sector specialist portfolio managers combine the outputs from our economic, quantitative and global credit research with bottom-up issuer research to establish investment themes and resulting strategies. Macro strategy, sector allocations and overall risk budgeting are determined at this meeting. Portfolio construction, including security selection, follows and is implemented by our portfolio managers.
- Research-driven, themes based investment process
- Sector and security selection are the key drivers of alpha
- Centralized global credit research platform for fixed income and equity teams
- Relative value approach to decision making with opportunistic management in changing markets
- Risk management is embedded in our culture — we are lending our clients’ money
- Mutual Fund
- Separate Accounts
Please consider a mutual fund's investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses carefully before investing. For access to the prospectus, please click the following link: prospectuses. To obtain any further information on any Schroders fund, please read the prospectus, call your financial advisor or call Schroder Mutual Funds at (800) 464-3108 for Individual Investors or (800) 730-2932 for Intermediaries/Financial Consultants. Read the prospectus carefully before investing.