Caspar Rock: Monday markets - the week ahead on 2 December
- Equity markets ended last week higher than they started, and bond yields were also slightly higher.
- We have global Purchasing Managers' data releases this week, with the Chinese and Japanese figures already showing a stronger-than-forecast pickup in November in both manufacturing and services.
- Other big economies' data will be published on Wednesday. It appears momentum is improving from the flash readings already seen.
- US employment data is released on Friday where a rebound is expected from the weaker payrolls number seen in October.
- In the UK opinion polls continue to show a lead for the Conservatives. It is generally accepted that a lead of 8% is required to gain an outright majority. We have Donald Trump in the UK for the NATO meeting at the end of the week - expect all political parties to have a view.