Caspar Rock: Monday markets - the week ahead on 13 May
Last week was all about trade, with markets jolted from complacency on current negotiations between the US and China. US and European stock markets fell 2 - 3% while Chinese equities were 5% lower. With the introduction of further tariffs by the US, and strong language from both sides, it looks unlikely either side will back down just yet.
In the UK, this week sees further Brexit negotiations between the government and the opposition. On Tuesday, employment figures for March are released.
In the Eurozone, Wednesday sees the release of Q1 GDP. Activity is expected to rise by 0.4% quarter-on-quarter.
- How Europe's tech sector is hiding in plain sight
- Ahmet Feridun: Monday markets - the week ahead on 20 January
- Janet Mui: weekly economic update 17 January
- Infographic: Sustainability Report Q4 2019
- Caspar Rock: Monday markets - the week ahead on 13 January