Sustainable Investment Report Q2 2023
A snapshot of our voting and engagements from the second quarter, as well as details on active ownership in practice and our insights on topics including the circular economy and adapting real estate investment decisions.
Andy Howard, Schroders Global Head of Sustainable Investment:
The second quarter of the year is a buy time for annual general meetings (AGMs) and this year was no exception. At Schroders, we made a concerted effort to increase transparency around how we vote on shareholder resolutions. To that end, we launched a voting blog and a new voting disclosure dashboard. In addition, we co-filled a human capital-related shareholder resolution at C.V.S. Health, continued to prioritise engagements around climate issues, and engaged with mining companies and their impact on nature.
Climate risks remain at the top of our clients’ agendas, and at Schroders, we are committed to providing solutions that meet their needs. Therefore, in Q2, we launched our first carbon offset share class for a climate fund. Further, in this quarter’s review, we have explored the circular economy investment opportunity, as well as discussed how climate change may affect our cities. Finally, our Sustainable Research team showcases its work on materiality mapping across our core research themes and sectors.
Voting and engagement at a glance
- Our active ownership statistics from the quarter
Active ownership in practice
- Why we added out name to support sick leave at C.V.S. Health
- Engaging a UK small cap company on climate targets
- How credit investors hold mining companies to account for their impact on nature
- Our approach to carbon offset share classes
- Updating our research materiality map
- What is the circular economy and why is it essential for real sustainability
- Climate change and cities: Adapting real estate investment decisions
Read the full report here.
The views and opinions contained herein are those of Schroders’ investment teams and/or Economics Group, and do not necessarily represent Schroder Investment Management North America Inc.’s house views. These views are subject to change. This information is intended to be for information purposes only and it is not intended as promotional material in any respect.