September 20, 2023
NEW YORK – Global asset manager Schroders today announced a series of promotions within its Americas Client Group, as part of the firm’s strategy to elevate specialist expertise, drive continued growth and further align with evolving client needs. These changes also represent the firm’s dedication to providing its partners with specialized expertise within the regions they both reside and invest in, and are a testament to the firm’s client-first culture.
The promotions include:
- Phil Middleton, previously CEO of North America, has been appointed to CEO of Americas, and will expand his responsibilities to include Latin America in addition to the U.S. and Canada. Gonzalo Binello, Head of Latin America, will now report to Phil Middleton.
- Scott Garrett, previously Institutional Sales Director, will take on the role of U.S. Head of Pensions. U.S. Pensions segment will include Public & Private pensions, Consultant Relations and Retirement. Scott’s extensive experience across Public and Corporate Pensions, Foundations, and Endowments will strengthen client relationships and drive revenue growth.
- Chris Moran, previously Head of Sub-Advisory, will expand his role and become U.S. Head of Insurance and Sub-Advisory. Chris brings a wealth of experience across the insurance landscape, and since joining the firm in 2013, his collaborative spirit and strategic thinking continue to drive extensive growth across the business.
- Jon Mackay, previously Head of Platform Distribution, will take on the role of U.S. Head of Wealth. Jon’s 26 years of experience and leadership in the Wealth space will be integral to the team’s success in continuing to build impactful relationships within the wealth channel.
- Nicolas Giedzinski, Head of US Offshore, will take on the role of Head of Wealth, U.S. Offshore. Nico’s extensive experience in working with global accounts in the Offshore business will be critical in driving growth for this segment. His responsibility will include oversight of U.S. Offshore and Family Offices.
These role changes come on the heels of the broader changes to Schroders’ Global Client Group, including the announcement of two Global Co-Heads, and four Global Heads of specific focus areas including Wealth, Pensions and Retirement, Insurance, and Long-Term Asset Owners.
The Schroders Client Group is a dedicated team of professionals from across the organization, including Sales, Business Development, Client Experience, Product, Marketing and Communications. The team aims to ensure seamless and tailored service to Schroders’ clients while working collaboratively with investment teams to deliver the best investment outcomes.
Scott, Jon and Chris will report to Tiffani Potesta, Chief Strategy Officer and Head of U.S. Client Group, who was appointed in August 2022 as part of the firm’s efforts to integrate distribution, marketing, product and sustainability to foster greater synergies over time. Tiffani continues to report to Phil Middleton. Nico continues to report to Gonzalo Binello.
Additionally, Melissa Krajewski, Institutional Sales Director, will transition her role to focus within the Long-Term Asset Owners segment. Melissa has been with Schroders for over a decade, and her new role will be critical in strengthening the firm’s connections with institutions, sovereign wealth funds and endowments.
Phil Middleton, CEO, Americas, commented:
“We are excited to serve our clients in an increasingly sophisticated way through our newly restructured Client Group, elevating highly specialized segment and regional experts from within the firm. As our clients’ needs in the Americas continue to evolve, our role as a trusted investment adviser only continues to grow. Our growth in recent years has led to a broader client base, and we look forward to continuing to provide personalized first-class service to those who entrust us with their capital.”
Tiffani Potesta, Chief Strategy Officer and Head of U.S. Client Group, commented:
“It is our people that are the real strength behind what we do each day, and we are proud to elevate Scott, Jon, Chris and Melissa as they pave the way for the future of Schroders. Making these promotions from within the firm was an easy decision – all of these individuals have a deep history with Schroders and have demonstrated impact providing superior service across client segments. We look forward to seeing their continued success in these new roles.
Founded in 1804, Schroders is a global investment management firm with £726.1 billion (€846.1 billion; $923.1 billion) assets under management, as at 30 June 2023. Schroders continues to deliver strong financial results in ever challenging market conditions, with a market capitalisation of circa £7 billion and over 6,100 employees across 38 locations. The founding family remains a core shareholder, holding approximately 44% of Schroders’ shares.
Schroders has benefited from a diverse business model of by geography, asset class and client type. It offers innovative products and solutions across four core growing business areas; asset management, solutions, Schroders Capital (private assets) and wealth management. Clients include insurance companies, pension schemes, sovereign wealth funds, high net worth individuals and foundations. Schroders also manages assets for end clients as part of its relationships with distributors, financial advisers and online platforms.
Schroders aims to provide excellent investment performance to clients through active management. It also channels capital into sustainable and durable businesses to accelerate positive change in the world. Schroders’ business philosophy is based on the belief that if we deliver for clients, we will deliver for our shareholders and other stakeholders.
Issued by Schroder Investment Management Limited. Registration No 1893220 England. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. For regular updates by e-mail please register online at www.schroders.com for our alerting service.
For readers in North America: Issued by Schroder Investment Management North America Inc., 7 Bryant Park, New York NY 10018-3706. CRD Number 105820. Registered as an investment adviser with the US Securities and Exchange Commission. NRD Number 12130. Registered as a Portfolio Manager with the Ontario Securities Commission, Alberta Securities Commission, the British Columbia Securities Commission, the Manitoba Securities Commission, the Nova Scotia Securities Commission, the Saskatchewan Securities Commission and the (Quebec) Autorité des marchés financiers.
Chaneigh Bernard, Prosek Partners
Jennifer Manser, Schroders
The views and opinions contained herein are those of Schroders’ investment teams and/or Economics Group, and do not necessarily represent Schroder Investment Management North America Inc.’s house views. These views are subject to change. This information is intended to be for information purposes only and it is not intended as promotional material in any respect.