60 seconds on UK equity opportunities
There has been a number of profit warnings in the UK mid-cap space in recent weeks.
The surprise is that companies with foreign earnings have been the ones to disappoint, as opposed to the domestic stocks which were hard-hit after the Brexit referendum.
Results from these domestic-facing stocks have actually come in line with, or even better than, consensus expectations. They now look well-priced now so we are taking opportunities where we can to invest in some of those or add to existing positions.
The UK consumer and UK economy in general are holding up better than many expected, so companies facing the UK are where we are looking to deploy additional capital at the moment.
- EMD Relative weekly notes: Week Ending May 29, 2020
- What can the Covid-19 crisis teach us about tackling climate change?
- Covid-19 poses temporary setback to the energy transition
- European multi-asset: is there anywhere to hide?
- Has the S&P already reached its low for this recession?
- Why global cities can still thrive despite Covid-19’s impact
The views and opinions contained herein are those of Schroders’ investment teams and/or Economics Group, and do not necessarily represent Schroder Investment Management North America Inc.’s house views. These views are subject to change. This information is intended to be for information purposes only and it is not intended as promotional material in any respect.