What does disruption mean for investors?
We’re really excited about disruption because it’s something that’s taking place around us every day. With disruption you typically get innovation. And innovation creates tremendous growth opportunities for investors.
That’s why we’re so excited right now. You only have to look at companies like Amazon to realise the full extent to which our lives are changing and being disrupted every day.
And it’s not just one sector. It’s not just technology or a narrow part of technology any more. It’s whole areas of our daily lives that are being changed and being disrupted where there is innovation coming into play.
That makes us tremendously excited about the long-term prospects for this theme and we are very excited to carry it forward.
- EMD Relative weekly notes: Week Ending April 3, 2020
- Quarterly markets review - Q1 2020
- Johanna Kyrklund: How markets have evolved since stimulus announcements
- 2020 versus 2008: What’s changed for European infrastructure debt?
- US jobs slump is just the tip of the iceberg
- Coronavirus and the economy: a Q&A with Keith Wade
The views and opinions contained herein are those of Schroders’ investment teams and/or Economics Group, and do not necessarily represent Schroder Investment Management North America Inc.’s house views. These views are subject to change. This information is intended to be for information purposes only and it is not intended as promotional material in any respect.