Miss it, miss out: The opportunity in Asian Private Equity
The 21st century belongs to Asia, and China and India in particular. The region’s economies are undergoing a dramatic transformation, powered by technological prowess and the 4-Ms which characterize Asian consumers: millennial, middle-class, metropolitan and mobile-enabled. Nowhere else can match the region’s combination of scale and growth. Private equity has the keys to unlock this opportunity.
Private equity in Asia, driven by China and India, presents investors with an unparalleled investment opportunity.
This is hinged on three tenets:
- 21st century Asian domination
- The 4-Ms of Asian consumers: millennial, middle-class, metropolitan, and mobile-enabled
- The advantage of tech-enabled disruption
In an environment of subdued global growth and lackluster return expectations across most asset classes, private equity in Asia offers a rare glimmer of opportunity. The phrase “miss it, miss out” has never been more apt.
- How does the stock market perform when the VIX fear gauge surges?
- Coronavirus: the investment impact in seven charts
- EMD Relative weekly notes: Week Ending February 21, 2020
- Our multi-asset investment views - February 2020
- What are data centres and why are they so important?
- COP26: Pressure growing for step change in climate policy
The views and opinions contained herein are those of Schroders’ investment teams and/or Economics Group, and do not necessarily represent Schroder Investment Management North America Inc.’s house views. These views are subject to change. This information is intended to be for information purposes only and it is not intended as promotional material in any respect.