It’s good to be small in Europe
The lure of higher prospective returns has attracted investors to private equity. But are they looking in the right places?
US large buyouts dominate, both in terms of investor flows and media coverage, but prices are intimidatingly high as a result. Better opportunities can be found in small buyouts and in Europe in particular.
This market is less well-known but that is precisely its attraction. Less competition among buyers and superior alpha generating potential are the consequence.
- Economic infographic: A view of the global economy in February 2020
- Why global cities could be more valuable than high-performing tech stocks
- How we hold companies to account on their climate change plans
- How the FTSE 100 returned 122% in 20 years but barely moved
- How the ageing population could be a boon for investors
- Coronavirus to hit already reeling Japanese economy