Strategy & economics
Caspar Rock: Monday markets - the week ahead on 13 January
- The signing of the phase one trade deal between the US and China will be the highlight of the week. So far, details of the agreement have been scant.
- This week is a busy one for US economic data. Inflation data should continue to show a strengthening trend.
- The Q4 reporting season kicks off, with a concentration of banks and other financial services companies reporting this week.
- Risk markets were a little higher last week, as concerns about the situation in the Middle East subsided.
- The UK has seen speculation about a rate cut, leading to weakness in sterling and a stronger gilt market.
This article is issued by Schroders Wealth Management, which is part of the Schroder Group and a trading name of Schroder & Co. (Hong Kong) Limited, Level 33, Two Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Hong Kong. Licensed and regulated by the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission. Nothing in this document should be deemed to constitute the provision of financial, investment or other professional advice in any way. Past performance is not a guide to future performance. The value of an investment and the income from it may go down as well as up and investors may not get back the amount originally invested.