Strategy & economics
Caspar Rock: Monday markets - the week ahead on 2 December
- Equity markets ended last week higher than they started, and bond yields were also slightly higher.
- We have global Purchasing Managers' data releases this week, with the Chinese and Japanese figures already showing a stronger-than-forecast pickup in November in both manufacturing and services.
- Other big economies' data will be published on Wednesday. It appears momentum is improving from the flash readings already seen.
- US employment data is released on Friday where a rebound is expected from the weaker payrolls number seen in October.
- In the UK opinion polls continue to show a lead for the Conservatives. It is generally accepted that a lead of 8% is required to gain an outright majority. We have Donald Trump in the UK for the NATO meeting at the end of the week - expect all political parties to have a view.
This article is issued by Schroders Wealth Management, which is part of the Schroder Group and a trading name of Schroder & Co. (Hong Kong) Limited, Level 33, Two Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Hong Kong. Licensed and regulated by the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission. Nothing in this document should be deemed to constitute the provision of financial, investment or other professional advice in any way. Past performance is not a guide to future performance. The value of an investment and the income from it may go down as well as up and investors may not get back the amount originally invested.