Frequently asked questions
What is a Reksa Dana?
In general, Reksa Dana can be defined as an investment vehicle that is made up of a pool of funds collected from many investors for the purpose of investing in various investment instruments such as stocks, bonds, money market instrument, etc. Reksa Dana is managed by fund managers with an objective to produce capital gains and income for the fund's investors in accordance to criteria set in the fund's prospectus.
What is an Investment Management Company?
Investment management company or fund manager is the party who invests Reksa Dana’s assets into various investment instruments in accordance to investment guidelines set in the fund’s prospectus.
Who can invest in Reksa Dana?
Individual and institutional investors can invest in Reksa Dana.
By investing in Reksa Dana, investors can have access to various investment instruments and take advantage of the expertise of the fund manager as well as the economies of scale of the Reksa Dana.
How does Reksa Dana works?
Reksa Dana typically issues units that can be purchased or redeemed as needed at the fund's current net asset value (NAV) per unit. When investors buys Reksa Dana, they will receive investment units which are calculated based on the subscribed amount and the current NAV per unit. By owning investment units, the investor owns a proportionate share of the Reksa Dana’s assets and each unit holder participates proportionally in the gain or loss of the fund.
The Fund Manager is responsible for investing the funds to a portfolio of securities such as stocks, bonds, money market and other instruments, depending on the type and purpose of the Reksa Dana.
Net Asset Value (NAV) or the current price of units is one of indicators to monitor performance of the Reksa Dana. By calculating the daily percentage changes in NAV, investors can get a good idea about how volatile the particular portfolio is relative to other funds.
NAV is calculated a daily based on closing/fair market prices of the underlying assets. To get NAV per unit we must follow number of steps: first, the total market/fair values of all the securities held are computed. The total of the market values is added to the fund’s cash and equivalent holdings. Liabilities (including accrued expenses) are subtracted. The result is total net assets value. By dividing total net assets value by the number of fund units outstanding, it will give us the NAV per unit.
Fund manager appoint custodian bank that serves as the fund administrator, who is responsible for the completion of the transaction settlement/clearing with respective brokers or banks, registration of securities, calculation and distribution of dividends, as well as producing NAV per unit and fund reporting. The Capital Market and Financial Institution Supervisory Agency (Bapepam and LK) is the entity that regulates and supervises the Indonesian capital market activities including the Reksa Dana industry.
May I know the main risks if we invest in Reksa Dana?
As with any investment, there are risks involved in buying Reksa Dana. Risk refers to the possibility that you will lose money (both principal and any earnings) or fail to make money on an investment.
The main risks that may affect the performance of Reksa Dana are;
- Market Risk
Reksa Dana has the risk of fluctuations in the net asset value. There is no assurance that the net asset value will always increase over the life cycle of the fund. There is a possibility that stock and/or bond prices overall will decline over short or even extended periods. Stock and bond markets tend to move in cycles, with periods when prices rise and other periods when prices fall.
- Liquidity Risk
In the occurrence of any event which is beyond the reasonable control of Investment Manager, redemption orders may be halted temporarily in accordance with the terms of the Collective Investment Contract and the Reksa Dana regulations.
- Risk of Liquidation
In the case where the Fund meets one of the conditions as stated in point 37 of the Bapepam and LK’s Rule No. IV.B.1, the Fund must be liquidated and accordingly, fund manager will unwind the portfolio holdings.
Why invest in Reksa Dana?
Since its creation, Reksa Dana has become increasingly popular as an investment vehicle for investors as it offers some advantages to investors with limited knowledge, time or money:
- By purchasing Reksa Dana, you are provided with the immediate benefit of instant diversification and asset allocation without a large amounts of cash needed to create individual portfolio.
- With Reksa Dana, you can make transactions on a much larger scale for less money (economies of scale).
- Reksa Dana provide investors with an ability to make periodic investments through monthly purchase plans while taking advantage of dollar-cost averaging.
- Reksa Dana provide liquidity (the ability to get in and out with relative ease).
- With relatively small capital, you may have access to professional money managers.
- Reksa Dana provide simplicity. Investors may save costs and time (from doing investment research, trade settlements, etc)
How are assests of Reksa Dana safeguarded?
Assets of Reksa Dana are safe-kept by the custodian bank which is not affiliated with the fund manager. Custodian bank will ensure that the fund’s assets are segregated from the fund manager’s and custodian bank’s assets. Hence, if anything happens to the fund manager or the custodian bank, the fund’s assets will not be jeopardized.
How many types of Reksa Dana are managed by Schroders Indonesia?
We have developed quite a number of products in our shelves to meet our client’s investment objectives. We continuously examine our range of available products to ensure they are appropriate for the market conditions and to identify gaps where we see potential opportunities. Currently, we manage 21 open end funds and 8 closed end funds. Some of our open end public funds are:
- Money Market Fund: Schroder Dana Likuid.
- Fixed Income Funds: Schroder Dana Andalan II; Schroder Dana Mantap Plus II; and Schroder USD Bond Fund.
- Balanced Funds: Schroders Dana Kombinasi; Schroder Dana Terpadu II; Schroder Syariah Balanced Fund and Schroder Dana Prestasi
- Equity Funds: Schroder Dana Prestasi Plus, Schroder 90 Plus Equity Fund and Schroder Dana Istimewa.
Please note that each fund has its own characteristics, thus investor should read its prospectus before making decision to invest.
Does Schroders Indonesia offer Reksa Dana products in US dollars currency?
Yes, Schroders Indonesia manage 1 (one) Reksa Dana product in US dollar denomination. Investors may subscribe through our sales agents across the country.
Do these funds compute their Net Asset Value(NAV) daily and publish the NAV on daily basis?
Yes, under the prevailing regulation, Fund’s NAV should be calculated and published in at least 1 (one) national business newspaper, on a daily basis.
Does the investor earn dividends on units of Reksa Dana they own?
It depends on the type of the Reksa Dana owned by investors. For more details, please refer to the Fund's Prospectus regarding the Fund's Objective and Investment Guideline.
Please visit our website www.schroders.co.id for the prospectus of each fund.
Is there any tax on Reksa Dana?
How do I monitor the progress of my Investment?
Investors can monitor their investment performance by comparing NAV per unit of the respective funds from time to time. Historical NAV per unit is available in our website.
How is performance of each Schroders Reksa Dana?
If we want to invest in Schroders Indonesia's Reksa Dana, what should we do?
To invest in Schroders Indonesia's Reksa Dana products, you may contact our sales agents.
For general information, including list of our sales agents, please feel free to visit our company website www.schroders.co.id
What are the advantages if we subscribe through your agents(Banks)?
If investors buy units through our sales agents, investors will gain some advantages as below;
- Time-saving and efficient as investors can contact our sales agent closest to their location;
- Investor may ask for an assistance of a dedicated RM;
- Transaction fee may be negotiable according to the amount transacted;
- Investors can instruct for a direct debit from existing account with the bank.
Does it require substantial funds New Block if investor want to invest in Reksa Dana?
As mentioned earlier, Reksa Dana typically require only relatively small initial investment amounts. With such small money, investors can invest in a diversified portfolio of assets.
What is the minimum amount for initial investment in the Schroders Reksa Dana?
How to subscribe Reksa Dana?
- Visit our website, www.schroders.co.id and choose type of Reksa Dana.
- Contact sales agents who have been appointed by PT Schroder Investment Management Indonesia.
- Fill out the account opening forms (i.e. KYC form, Risk Profile Form and fund’s Subscription Form) and submit to your sales agent.
- Transfer the subscription amount to the respective fund’s account
- Complete documents received by 13:00 west Indonesia time, provided the subscription capital is cleared on the same day, will be processed for value T+0
How to redeem Reksa Dana?
- Contact Sales Agents who have been appointed by PT Schroder Investment Management Indonesia.
- Fill out the fund’s Redemption Form and submit to your sales agent.
- Redemption forms received by 13:00 west Indonesia time, will be processed for value T+0
- Redemption proceeds to be received within seven (7) working days after the redemption date
Can the investor do redemption,subscription and switching on a daily basis?
Yes, redemption, subscription and switching can be done on a daily basis in accordance with Indonesia stock exchange calendar.