Annual Results 2015 - Press release
Annual Results 2015 - Press release
Annual Results to 31 December 2015
- Profit before tax and exceptional items up 8 per cent. to £609.7 million (2014: £565.2 million)
- Profit before tax up 14 per cent. to £589.0 million (2014: £517.1 million)
- Earnings per share up 12 per cent. to 171.1 pence (2014: 152.7 pence)
- Net inflows £13.0 billion (2014: £24.8 billion)
- Assets under management £313.5 billion (2014: £300.0 billion)
- Full-year dividend up 12 per cent. to 87.0 pence per share (2014: 78.0 pence)
- See separate press release for details on Board succession
|2015 - £m||2014 - £m|
Profit before tax and exceptional items
|Total profit before tax and exceptional items||609.7||565.2|
|Total profit before tax||589.0||517.1|
Earnings per share before exceptional items (pence)
Earnings per share (pence)
|Total dividend (pence per share)||87.0||78.0|
Michael Dobson, Chief Executive, commented: “2015 was another good year for Schroders with profit before tax and exceptional items reaching a record £609.7 million. Competitive investment performance and strong distribution led to £13.0 billion of net new business and assets under management at the end of the year were £313.5 billion.
Reflecting these strong results, the Board is recommending a final dividend of 58.0 pence per share, bringing the dividend for the year to 87.0 pence per share, an increase of 12 per cent.
Schroders is well placed for a more challenging environment with a highly diversified business and a strong financial position. We see many interesting long-term growth opportunities and we will again be taking advantage of a period of dislocation to invest behind them.”
For further information please contact:
James Grant, Investor Relations
+44 (0) 20 7658 6744
Alex James, Investor Relations
+44 (0) 20 7658 4308
Estelle Bibby, Senior PR Manager
+44 (0) 20 7658 3431
Anita Scott, Brunswick
+44 (0) 20 7404 5959
This interim management statement may contain forward-looking statements with respect to the financial condition, performance and position, strategy, results of operations and businesses of the Schroders Group. Such statements and forecasts involve risk and uncertainty because they are based on current expectations and assumptions but relate to events and depend upon circumstances in the future and you should not place reliance on them. Without limitation, any statements preceded or followed by or that include the words ‘targets’, ‘plans’, ‘sees’, ‘believes’, ‘expects’, ‘aims’, ‘will have’, ‘will be’, ‘estimates’ or ‘anticipates’ or the negative of these terms or other similar terms are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. There are a number of factors that could cause actual results or developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied by forward-looking statements and forecasts. Forward-looking statements and forecasts are based on the Directors’ current view and information known to them at the date of this interim management statement. The Directors do not make any undertaking to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. Nothing in this interim management statement should be construed as a forecast, estimate or projection of future financial performance.
If you are viewing this through the iPad or iPhone app, please visit the ‘Documents’ area to view and download content.
- Build, build, build: the road to recovery and returns?
- What are the long-term prospects for healthcare investing post Covid-19?
- Schroders announces Bob Jolly succession plan
- Schroders to acquire majority stake in Pamfleet, a US$1.1 billion Asian real estate investment manager
- Palm oil: how bad is it really?
- Schroders’ Group CEO and senior leaders named in LGBT Great’s Global Top 100 Executive Allies