Bank of Communications and Schroders commit to long-term strategic agreement with expanded client offering
Schroders is today announcing the entering into a long-term strategic agreement with Bank of Communications that covers a broad area of client services and solutions including distribution, management and development of products in asset and wealth management.
The relationship between Bank of Communications and Schroders started in 2005 with the establishment of a joint venture company, Bank of Communications Schroder Fund Management Co., Ltd. Today’s announcement is testament to the successful partnership both firms have enjoyed, the extended agreement now includes the cooperation in public and private fund management products, innovative product development, domestic and cross-border business cooperation, pension, private banking, operations, financial technology, training and knowledge exchange between both firms.
Schroders was one of the first foreign asset managers to enter China 25 years ago. Today the business is a well-established trusted expert on global investments for our mainland Chinese clients and is an experienced China investor for global clients. Schroders’ partnership with Bank of Communications reinforces our commitment to invest in one of the world’s fastest growing economies, further accelerating business growth and enhancing our reputation as a credible player in China.
Lieven Debruyne, Chief Executive Officer, Asia Pacific, Schroders said:
“China is an important part of Schroders’ global strategy, both as a source and destination of capital. We have been investing heavily; establishing strategic partnerships and enhancing our China investment capability with skilled on-the-ground investment and research professionals.
“Bank of Communications has been a valuable partner to us and with the deepening of our relationship; we will continue enhancing our China capabilities and expanding our presence to better serve our mainland Chinese clients and international investors.”
For further information and photography, please contact:
Thomas Kwan of Hume Brophy (Hong Kong) Tel: +852 3008 3811/Email: email@example.com
Ginie Lam of Schroder Investment Management (Hong Kong) Limited Tel: +852 2843 7725/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note to Editors
Schroders opened its first representative office in Shanghai in 1994 and was one of the first foreign asset management companies to enter China.
- In 2005, it partnered with Bank of Communications to establish our joint venture company, Bank of Communications Schroder Fund Management Co., Ltd., to answer investors’ growing needs for fund investments.
- In 2007, it began working with foreign banks, using their QDII quota to provide clients with overseas investment opportunities.
- In 2017, Schroders launched an Asia-themed multi-asset income fund under the Mutual Recognition of Fund scheme.
- In 2018, Schroders launched its first private fund in China, underscoring its commitment to creating innovative investment solutions to cater to the unique investment needs of high net worth individuals and qualified institutional investors.
As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients’ needs. That’s why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients.
Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective, which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £444.4 billion (€496.6 billion/$565.5 billion)* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 5,000 people across six continents who focus on doing just this.
We are a global business that’s managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients’ needs at the heart of everything we do. For over 200 years and more than seven generations we’ve grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients’ needs and interests.
Further information about Schroders can be found at https://www.schroders.com/zh-cn/cn.
*all data as at 30 June 2019.
The information contained in this document is provided for information purpose only and does not constitute any solicitation and offering of investment products. This document is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for investment advice or recommendation.
- Benchmark Capital invests in specialist retirement planning firm - TRPP
- Jamie Murray and Schroders team up to host the UK’s first ‘Behind-Closed-Doors’ indoor tennis tournament
- Covid-19 poses temporary setback to the energy transition
- Why global cities can still thrive despite Covid-19’s impact
- Clean technologies and climate policy: the global financial crisis and Covid-19
- Dividend bear markets: the grizzly facts