An update from Schroders on Brexit
Schroders is well prepared for Brexit, whether that results in the UK leaving the European Union (EU) with or without a deal following the end of the transition period.
Our business is structured to ensure that we may continue to manage our clients’ assets regardless of their geographic location. Our focus has been to ensure that clients will receive a seamless service when the UK leaves the EU irrespective of the future relationship.
We have a longstanding presence in continental Europe, with over 800* employees across 15 offices. We have obtained additional investment management permissions in Luxembourg to ensure that we can continue to offer the full range of investment services to all our EU27 clients. We have extensive substance and portfolio management oversight experience in Luxembourg to enable Schroders to delegate portfolio management in our Luxembourg fund range and EU client mandates to our investment centres across the world.
We have registered our Luxembourg fund ranges under the UK Financial Conduct Authority’s temporary permissions regime to allow EU27-based funds to continue to be offered to clients based in the UK if necessary in future.
* As at August 2019
- Schroder UK Mid Cap Fund in the top ten Investment Trusts of 2019
- Schroders announces new charity partnership with Samaritans
- Schroders proud to sponsor British sailor Hannah Mills
- Schroders pension scheme allocates to in-house cashflow-driven investing solution
- Schroders Global Cities Index now includes Environmental Impact Scoring as LA retains top spot
- Schroders continues to bolster Buy & Maintain investment expertise