Fool's gold: mining for “true” value in the US commercial real estate debt market
Distinguishing between income oriented investments with a safer risk profile and investments which offer yield, but have highly binary potential outcomes, is crucial in today’s lower yielding environment. The concept of proper compensation for risk should have been the primary lesson learned post global financial crisis.But after nearly 10 years, the market has lost its memory and many investors are now combing through riskier securities in a search for yield. In many cases, we believe investors will end up with “fool’s gold”.
- Davos 2020 and climate change: How investment risks have shifted over a decade
- How Europe's tech sector is hiding in plain sight
- The recent challenges of active equity investing – and why this might change
- Infographic: A snapshot of the world economy - 2019 in review
- Infographic: Sustainability Report Q4 2019