Caspar Rock: Monday markets - the week ahead on 13 January
- The signing of the phase one trade deal between the US and China will be the highlight of the week. So far, details of the agreement have been scant.
- This week is a busy one for US economic data. Inflation data should continue to show a strengthening trend.
- The Q4 reporting season kicks off, with a concentration of banks and other financial services companies reporting this week.
- Risk markets were a little higher last week, as concerns about the situation in the Middle East subsided.
- The UK has seen speculation about a rate cut, leading to weakness in sterling and a stronger gilt market.
- Economics & strategy
- Investment team videos
- Market views
For Accredited Investors Only. This document is intended to be for information purposes only and it is not intended as promotional material in any respect. The material is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument and is not intended to provide and should not be relied upon for accounting, legal or tax advice, or investment recommendations.
The information in this market outlook is derived from sources which we consider to be reliable. However, it may not in all cases be verified independently and we do not attest to its completeness or accuracy. No responsibility can be accepted for errors of fact or opinion. Forecasts may be the consensus of extremely divergent possibilities and the full range of potential outcomes should be appreciated. No representation or warranty is made that any value (or proximity to) any value, return or forecast will be achieved. The opinions expressed are those of employees of Schroder & Co. (Asia) Limited, and reflect their judgement at this date and are subject to change. Reliance should not be placed on the views and information in this market outlook when taking individual investment and/or strategic decisions.
No part of this document may be reproduced in any manner without the prior written permission of Schroder & Co. (Asia) Limited.