Snapshot - Monthly viewpoint
Caspar Rock: Monday markets - the week ahead on 2 December
This week's economic data is expected to show improvements in global momentum. In the UK, with the election two weeks away, the Conservatives' lead in the polls continues.
- Equity markets ended last week higher than they started, and bond yields were also slightly higher.
- We have global Purchasing Managers' data releases this week, with the Chinese and Japanese figures already showing a stronger-than-forecast pickup in November in both manufacturing and services.
- Other big economies' data will be published on Wednesday. It appears momentum is improving from the flash readings already seen.
- US employment data is released on Friday where a rebound is expected from the weaker payrolls number seen in October.
- In the UK opinion polls continue to show a lead for the Conservatives. It is generally accepted that a lead of 8% is required to gain an outright majority. We have Donald Trump in the UK for the NATO meeting at the end of the week - expect all political parties to have a view.
- Monetary Policy
- Market review
- Economics & strategy
- Investment team videos
For Accredited Investors Only. This document is intended to be for information purposes only and it is not intended as promotional material in any respect. The material is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument and is not intended to provide and should not be relied upon for accounting, legal or tax advice, or investment recommendations.
The information in this market outlook is derived from sources which we consider to be reliable. However, it may not in all cases be verified independently and we do not attest to its completeness or accuracy. No responsibility can be accepted for errors of fact or opinion. Forecasts may be the consensus of extremely divergent possibilities and the full range of potential outcomes should be appreciated. No representation or warranty is made that any value (or proximity to) any value, return or forecast will be achieved. The opinions expressed are those of employees of Schroder & Co. (Asia) Limited, and reflect their judgement at this date and are subject to change. Reliance should not be placed on the views and information in this market outlook when taking individual investment and/or strategic decisions.
No part of this document may be reproduced in any manner without the prior written permission of Schroder & Co. (Asia) Limited.