The climate conundrum
Climate risk is rising up the agendas of asset owners faced with both the growing prospect that more stringent climate regulation will impact portfolio returns and increasing scrutiny from beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
The global agreement to limit temperature rises to two degrees over pre-industrial levels, reached in Paris last year, will require much more stringent policies and legislation than we have seen to date. On the other hand, while climate risk has become an issue asset owners can no longer ignore, understanding and analysis of how it is best measured and managed remains nascent. This short paper lays out our perspective of the main strategies available to investors.
- How the ageing population could be a boon for investors
- Why “corporate karma” is crucial for your investment returns
- Environmental initiatives boost Stockholm's Global Cities index rating
- The cost of trying to time the market since 2001
- Is it time for inflation-linked bonds?
- What the end of LIBOR means for investors