60 seconds with Alex Tedder on US equity opportunities
There is a lot of uncertainty globally within equity markets. The US is no exception and the forthcoming US presidential election is not helping matters
Nevertheless, we are constructive on the market. Although we are well into a bull market and margins are high we think they can go higher still.
The reason is that US companies are adjusting to a different environment; cutting costs and resizing their businesses for an environment of fairly low growth
We are looking for companies that are executing their strategies well and will continue to do so going forward, even if growth doesn't accelerate.
There are a number of companies, in a number of industries, which are in that situation. It is all about self help, as well as growing the top line.
- COP26: Pressure growing for step change in climate policy
- Preparing for “net zero” carbon – the long road ahead
- Economic infographic: A view of the global economy in February 2020
- Why global cities could be more valuable than high-performing tech stocks
- How we hold companies to account on their climate change plans
- How the ageing population could be a boon for investors