Schroders Responsible Investment Report Q4 2014
Our responsible investment approach isn’t an attempt to follow recent market trends. Neither is it distinct and separate from our mainstream investments and services. We know that companies with robust environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance benefit from a lower cost of capital and are more likely to deliver superior returns over time.
We look to integrate understanding of ESG issues into our investment decisions, across asset classes.
Engaging with companies and their management is a fundamental part of our investment process as an active investor. We believe that it adds value by enhancing communication and understanding between companies and investors.
This report (found below) brings you the details of our ESG engagement this quarter, as well as some of the broad issues and themes our eight-strong team has been considering. It demonstrates Schroders’ responsible approach to managing clients’ assets, and how we are integrating our ESG thinking into our investment processes.
- Why “corporate karma” is crucial for your investment returns
- Environmental initiatives boost Stockholm's Global Cities index rating
- The cost of trying to time the market since 2001
- Is it time for inflation-linked bonds?
- What the end of LIBOR means for investors
- An investor guide to spotting “greenwashers”