Value Christmas Treasure Hunt, Part 2 – Enter our festive quiz for a chance to win a £100 donation to charity
Welcome to the second part of The Value Perspective Christmas Quiz. The Value Perspective have already posed 6 of 12 questions based loosely – sometimes very loosely – on The 12 Days of Christmas in Part 1. All relate to the more than 100 articles and blogs posted on this site over the course of 2016 by The Value Perspective team of Nick Kirrage, Kevin Murphy, Andrew Lyddon, Ian Kelly, Andrew Evans, Andrew Williams and Simon Adler. There will then be a bonus round of 8 general knowledge Christmas questions.
Please email your full set of 20 answers to UKMarketing@schroders.com and all correct entries received by noon on 31 December 2016 will be included in a draw to win a £100 donation to a registered charity of your choice- this being the season of good will.
Here on The Value Perspective, we would like to take this opportunity to thank all our visitors for their continued support and to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year.
Part 2 questions
- These swans were more a-visiting than a-swimming – but what nationality were the swans mentioned in 4x4ward thinking?
- Not eight maids a milking but eight members of The Value Perspective team – one of whom left for pastures new this year. Of the five of his ‘greatest hits’ collected in Lowry retrospective, which one starts with a quote from a Tom Hanks film?
- Just the one lady dancing, we presume, after she won the tournament – which Wimbledon Ladies tennis champion is mentioned in Higher, stronger bluster II?
- More landlords than lords this time with house prices doing the a-leaping – in Oh (land)lord, we quote the headline “Project Fear starting to look ridiculous as UK house prices rise” from which national newspaper?
- It will take more than 11 pipers doing a different sort of piping – but, mentioned in Crash diet, how many miles of pipeline needs to be constructed to join the Minas Rio mining project with a brand-new coastal port?
- Only one drummer drumming in our final Value Treasure Hunt question – who is the long-term (1974-present) drummer of the rock band, the name of which appears twice in the title of our 23 March 2016 blog?
Entrants must be UK residents and aged over 18yrs. Full terms and conditions of entry can be found here.
The Value Perspective team
The views and opinions displayed are those of Nick Kirrage, Andrew Lyddon, Kevin Murphy, Andrew Williams, Andrew Evans, Simon Adler, Juan Torres Rodriguez, Liam Nunn, Vera German and Roberta Barr, members of the Schroder Global Value Equity Team (the Value Perspective Team), and other independent commentators where stated.
They do not necessarily represent views expressed or reflected in other Schroders' communications, strategies or funds. The Team has expressed its own views and opinions on this website and these may change.
This article is intended to be for information purposes only and it is not intended as promotional material in any respect. Reliance should not be placed on the views and information on the website when taking individual investment and/or strategic decisions. Nothing in this article should be construed as advice. The sectors/securities shown above are for illustrative purposes only and are not to be considered a recommendation to buy/sell.
Past performance is not a guide to future performance and may not be repeated. The value of investments and the income from them may go down as well as up and investors may not get back the amounts originally invested.