Global High Yield
The Global High Yield strategy aims for a gross outperformance of 150 basis points per annum versus the Bloomberg Barclays Global High Yield ex CMBS ex EMG 2% Cap Index over a full investment cycle.
The strategy seeks to generate total return by investing across the full maturity spectrum of below investment grade corporate bonds denominated in various currencies. The strategy may also invest up to 30% in investment grade corporate bonds and government securities. The strategy typically does not invest in equities, leveraged loans, or emerging market sovereigns.
In the Global High Yield strategy, we manage six key factors when trying to generate return.
Three factors: issue selection (including investment decisions on seniority/ subordination, covenant protection, maturity, and bond versus CDS exposures), sector weighting, and quality tilt typically contribute the majority of any excess returns relative to the benchmark.
Positions in three other areas are also actively managed: geographic exposure, duration and curve positioning, and liquidity. These factors together contribute the balance of any excess returns versus the benchmark.
An integrated investment and credit research team of regional portfolio managers aligning in-depth credit research with relevant current investment themes. The team uses proprietary quantitative tools designed to identify relative value opportunities. Strong team of career global credit analysts, including dedicated high yield credit analysts, with geographical and industry expertise.
- Fixed Income markets are global, interrelated and generally efficient but can overreact to events, creating investment opportunities
- We believe that a globally integrated team of research-driven bond investors is the ideal structure to take advantage of these opportunities
- Using a disciplined investment process and diversified strategies, we seek to generate consistent above benchmark returns with lower than average volatility
Our fixed income process consists of four distinct steps:
- Investment themes. Conduct in-depth proprietary market research (fundamental, quantitative and technical) to develop investment themes that will dominate markets over the ensuing three to six month period
- Portfolio strategy. Based on investment themes, develop and prioritize investment strategies which will determine optimal portfolio positioning in three primary areas of the market: duration, yield curve exposure, and sector allocation
- Portfolio construction. Implement investment strategies within an actively managed portfolio, using relative value framework to prioritize investment ideas and execute security selection using the resources of our Global Credit, Securitized and Global Teams
- Risk management. Continually review portfolio within rigorous risk management framework
Schroders uses a themes-based investment strategy that combines top-down market drivers with bottom-up fundamental credit analysis to formulate investment strategies and construct portfolios. This process is consistently applied, transparent and repeatable.
- Research-driven, themes-based investment process
- Analysts utilize a rigorous issuer evaluation process that combines fundamental, relative value and volatility assessment
- Centralized global credit research platform for fixed income and equity teams
- Relative value approach to decision making with opportunistic management in changing markets
- Risk management is embedded in our culture - we are lending our client’s money
- Separate Accounts