November Global Markets Perspective
Kondi Nkosi, Country Head, South Africa, is joined by Remi Olu-Pitan, Head of Multi-Asset Growth and Income, for the final episode of the Global Markets Perspective series this year.
Topics discussed include:
- A balanced view on the rise of Omicron - is it all bad?
- Inflation - transitory or permanent?
- The inflation response in EM and DM central banks
- Sustainability and COP26 - how it will impact investors
- A look into Remi's crystal ball for 2022
October Global Markets Perspective
Philip Robotham, Head of Intermediary, South Africa, is joined by Simon Adler, Fund Manager, Equity Value, to discuss global equities from a value perspective. Topics covered include:
- Outlook for value investing, and how it compares to growth
- Inflationary pressures
- What is happening at the company level
- An insight into the energy sector, and other areas of opportunity for value
September Global Markets Perspective
Kondi Nkosi, County Head, South Africa is joined by Stephen Kam, Head of Product Management, Asia ex-Japan Equities to discuss all things China, particularly:
- Domestic developments in China over the last year
- The principle of 'Common Prosperity'
- The impact of increasing regulation on investment markets
August Global Markets Perspective
For Women's Month, Ebeth Van Heerden speaks to Remi Olu-Pitan, Multi-Asset Fund Manager. They discuss inflation and what it means for commodities, fixed income, equities and multi-asset portfolios as well as closing with Remi's advice to other women working in financial services.
July Global Markets Perspective
In our July podcast, Philip Robotham speaks to Martin Skanberg, Fund Manager of Schroder ISF* Euro Equity. They cover:
- A global market update, with a close look at Europe and possible reasons why we have seen an increase in allocations to European equities.
- What South African investors could consider if they wish to increase their European holding.
- Whether the EU's aim to become the world's first economic bloc to hit net zero greenhouse gas could be an area of growth opportunity.
- Inflation pressures and who/where could stand to benefit.