August Global Market Perspective
For Women's Month, Ebeth Van Heerden speaks to Remi Olu-Pitan, Multi-Asset Fund Manager. They discuss inflation and what it means for commodities, fixed income, equities and multi-asset portfolios as well as closing with Remi's advice to other women working in financial services.
July Global Market Perspective
In our July podcast, Philip Robotham speaks to Martin Skanberg, Fund Manager of Schroder ISF* Euro Equity. They cover:
- A global market update, with a close look at Europe and possible reasons why we have seen an increase in allocations to European equities.
- What South African investors could consider if they wish to increase their European holding.
- Whether the EU's aim to become the world's first economic bloc to hit net zero greenhouse gas could be an area of growth opportunity.
- Inflation pressures and who/where could stand to benefit.
June Global Market Perspective
In our June podcast Kondi Nkosi speaks to Azad Zangana, Senior Economist & Strategist. They cover:
- A market review of regional and global equities, fixed income and commodities
- An update on global vaccine roll outs
- A global economic forecast with a deeper dive into the US, Eurozone and Emerging Markets
May Global Market Perspective
In our May podcast, Ebeth van Heerden speaks to Ugo Montrucchio, Multi-Asset Portfolio Manager. They discuss:
- The outlook for global markets
- Big tech and potential inflationary pressures
- Multi-asset themes and the benefits of a balanced strategy
- The 'B' word - bitcoin!
April Global Market Perspective
Kondi Nkosi speaks to Stephen Kam, Co Head of Product Management, Asia ex Japan Equities. They cover:
- The post-Covid outlook for Asia and the pace of the economic recovery in the region
- The possible approaches for monetary and fiscal policy in China and considerations around US-China tensions under the Biden administration
- The China A share market; how can it be accessed and could there be opportunities for investors?