May Global Markets Perspectives
In the May edition of the Global Markets Perspective podcast, join Phil Robotham, Head of Intermediary, and Daniel McFetrich, Head of Global and International Equity Research, for an update on the global economy and a discussion on the Smart Manufacturing revolution.
•Inflationary pressures and whether they are mediating
•How demand for reshoring is changing and which industries are impacted
•Whether automation will replace jobs
•The identification of the winners and losers within the Smart Manufacturing revolution
April Global Markets Perspective
In the April edition of the Global Markets Perspective podcast, join Kondi Nkosi, Country Head and Keith Wade, Chief Economist, for a discussion on the global economy. Topics include
- Inflation in US – where is the peak?
- Economic growth in Europe and potential recessionary dynamics
- The impact of zero-Covid in China
March Global Markets Perspective
In the March edition of the Global Markets Perspective podcast, join Philip Robotham, Head of Intermediary and David Rees, Senior Emerging Markets Economist, for a discussion on latest developments in the global economy. Topics include:
- An insight into Schroders' recent global growth forecasts
- The potential for rate hikes and the impact of the Ukraine crisis
- How EM and DM markets are responding to recent events
January Global Markets Perspective
In the latest episode of the Global Markets Perspective Podcast, Phil Robotham, Head of Intermediary, South Africa, chats to Michael Devereux, Fund Manager, Multi-Asset, to discuss the key challenges and opportunities for the year ahead. Highlights include:
- How policymakers have reacted to the evolving economic landscape
- Short term vs. long term impact of stagflation
- An insight into the energy sector
- Emerging market debt and high yield opportunities
November Global Markets Perspective
Kondi Nkosi, Country Head, South Africa, is joined by Remi Olu-Pitan, Head of Multi-Asset Growth and Income, for the final episode of the Global Markets Perspective series this year.
Topics discussed include:
- A balanced view on the rise of Omicron - is it all bad?
- Inflation - transitory or permanent?
- The inflation response in EM and DM central banks
- Sustainability and COP26 - how it will impact investors
- A look into Remi's crystal ball for 2022
October Global Markets Perspective
Philip Robotham, Head of Intermediary, South Africa, is joined by Simon Adler, Fund Manager, Equity Value, to discuss global equities from a value perspective. Topics covered include:
- Outlook for value investing, and how it compares to growth
- Inflationary pressures
- What is happening at the company level
- An insight into the energy sector, and other areas of opportunity for value