What does disruption mean for investors?
We’re really excited about disruption because it’s something that’s taking place around us every day. With disruption you typically get innovation. And innovation creates tremendous growth opportunities for investors.
That’s why we’re so excited right now. You only have to look at companies like Amazon to realise the full extent to which our lives are changing and being disrupted every day.
And it’s not just one sector. It’s not just technology or a narrow part of technology any more. It’s whole areas of our daily lives that are being changed and being disrupted where there is innovation coming into play.
That makes us tremendously excited about the long-term prospects for this theme and we are very excited to carry it forward.
- A new social contract - how are companies treating their employees as the Covid-19 crisis unfolds?
- How social inequalities have been brought into focus by Covid-19 and what it means for investors
- Our multi-asset investment views - May 2020
- Q&A: Why do markets rise even when the outlook is bleak?
- Economic and Strategy Viewpoint - June 2020
- What can the Covid-19 crisis teach us about tackling climate change?