AGM & shareholder information
The Company's Articles of Association allow the Company to make copies of various documents such as the annual and interim reports and accounts, notices of annual and extraordinary general meetings, together with any related circulars ('shareholder communications') available to shareholders on-line, in addition to allowing us to offer on-line proxy voting at general meetings.
Consequently, if you are a shareholder you can now choose to receive information on-line, and:
- be notified by Computershare Investor Services PLC, the Company's registrars, when shareholder communications become available for viewing and downloading from this website;
- if a holder of Ordinary Shares, be able to vote by proxy on-line.
If you wish to receive notices of meetings and annual and interim report and accounts on-line, please log on to the Company's registrars' shareholder service to indicate this preference at www.investorcentre.co.uk.
You may register at any time.
Here you will be able to:
- indicate your mailing preference (post or email) for shareholder communications;
- directly access relevant share register data relating to your shareholding, including recent share movements and dividend details;
- view a valuation of your shareholding, based on recent share prices;
- view a range of information and other practical help for shareholders;
- view and manage your current portfolio, in addition to receiving email updates from the Company's registrars as to when shareholder communications become available by providing a link to this website.
When registering on the Investor centre website, you will initially need your shareholder reference number, which is shown on your recent correspondence from Computershare, together with a PIN number. You will also be asked to provide an email address, which will remain confidential and will not form part of the Company's register of shareholders.
In addition, shareholders can register the appointment of their proxy electronically via the internet at www.investorcentre.co.uk/eproxy where full instructions are given. The Control Number, Shareholder Reference Number and PIN printed on the proxy form will be required when registering online.
You can use any bank, building society or stockbroker offering a share dealing facility in order to buy or sell Schroders shares. The commission charged by different organisations will vary
You can however, also use the share dealing service offered by the Registrar to buy or sell shares via the internet or telephone. For further information visit www.computershare.com/dealing/uk or for telephone purchases call 0370 703 0084 (UK only) between 8.00 a.m. and 4.30 p.m., Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).
Unsolicited calls are not sponsored by Schroders plc and shareholders are advised to be very wary of any unsolicited advice, offers to buy shares at a discount or offers of free company reports. If you receive any unsolicited investment advice:
- Make sure you get the correct name of the person and organisation;
- Check that they are properly authorised by the FCA before getting involved by visiting https://register.fca.org.uk/;
- Report the matter to the FCA by either calling 0845 606 1234 or visiting www.fca.org.uk/consumers/scams; and
- If the calls persist, hang up.
If you deal with an unauthorised firm, you will not be eligible to receive payment under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
If you only have a small number of shares whose value makes it difficult to sell, you may wish to consider donating to charity through ShareGift, an independent charity share donation scheme. For further information, please contact either Computershare Investor Services PLC or ShareGift, telephone +44 (0) 20 7930 3737 or see the website at www.sharegift.org.