The Schroders Global Investment Trends Report polled a total of over 14,800 active investors aged 18+ in 20 countries with a minimum of €10,000 of investible assets.
The report asks people who are intending to invest in the next 12 months, where they intend to put their money and which regions and assets they believe have the greatest potential for growth.
Schroders commissioned Research Plus to conduct the survey across 20 key countries in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the USA. The active investors polled reflect the demography of each country involved in the survey.
We asked the following questions:
- Which regions do you think have potential to deliver the best investment growth?
- Which financial/investment products/asset classes are you looking to invest in during 2013 because you believe they are likely to deliver the best returns?
- Thinking about your appetite for risk, approximately what proportion of your investments do you think you will allocate to different types of investments over the next 12 months?
- Thinking back to the start of the global recession in 2008, what impact have the economic conditions had on your investments?
- Compared to last year, how confident are you about investment opportunities in 2013?
- Thinking about your investments, what macro-economic issues concern you the most?
- Who or what will you consult as your primary source of financial or asset allocation advice/information in 2013?
- How are you planning to change the total amount you have saved or invested, over the next 12 months?
- What are you predominantly planning to achieve from the new investments you make in 2013?