Ways to invest
Schroders offers a broad and flexible product range that gives you the flexibility to invest in many different ways, according to your individual circumstances.
The 'Guide to Investing' is designed to give a no-nonsense view on the investment options available to you. Whether you’re relatively new to the investment world or an experienced investor, we do hope you’ll find the guide a useful resource.
The guide covers everything from savings basics, setting goals and practical matters. Topics include:
- The importance of saving
- The purpose of saving
- Rainy day cash vs. longer-term savings
- Getting involved in the stockmarket
- Savings time horizon
- Attitude to risk
- The effects of inflation
- Using a financial adviser
- What are the costs?
- Going it alone – using fund supermarkets
- The cost of investing in a fund
- Picking the right platform
- Reduce tax on savings
- Tax-efficient pension savings
- Pension changes
- Making the most of your options
- Regular saving vs. investing a lump sum