The Change team helps lead and support strategic change programmes across the business, both to enable growth in line with our firm-wide strategy and to improve the efficiency of business practices.
You’ll join one of our teams working on a specific change project. This will offer a fantastic insight into the role of change within an organisation and could lead to a place on the graduate scheme after university.
Over eight weeks, you’ll enjoy a range of training in technical and interpersonal skills and work with stakeholders from across the organisation. The skills you will learn working with our Change team are broad and varied, giving you a fantastic foundation for your future career.
We invest in our internship programme to make it one of the best around. You’ll experience challenging work, with real responsibility on projects that will influence our business. One of these will involve working with other interns and presenting the results to senior managers.
Just as important, you’ll have the chance to build a valuable network of contacts – from other interns to highly experienced employees. In fact, our ‘lunch and learn sessions’ give you the opportunity to discuss possible directions for your future career with senior managers.
On our two-year Change graduate programme, you’ll develop the breadth of skills and experience you need to become a future leader in our business. This will involve a series of rotations in a number of our teams. These teams cover different change disciplines and specialise in certain types of projects.
Regardless of the teams you join, you’ll build your technical skills developing innovative solutions to business problems. Working on a variety of projects, it’ll give you the chance to discover which area of change you enjoy most.
Your training programme will give you insights into the investment management business. Within four weeks, you’ll be ready to take the Investment Management Certificate (IMC) exam. From then on, you’ll work on a variety of projects that will test your intellect and give you the chance to use your initiative. You’ll also receive training on both technical and interpersonal skills throughout the graduate scheme
- Acting as internal business consultants to support stakeholders articulate their strategy in the light of wider corporate plans and help them prepare for large and complex changes.
- The Business Design team develops business architecture and process architecture that creates a single set of comprehensive views of the organisation and applies it to a wide range of scenarios across the business in order to frame change programmes and support strategic decision-making.
Enterprise Change & Enterprise Project Management Office
- Enterprise Change manages initiatives that have multiple complex business and technology components, coordinating these projects to delivery.
- Enterprise Project Management Office manages and collects data on project and programme health and provides this data to various boards in order to aid decision making and prioritisation.
Business Transformation Change
- Business Transformation Change plans and helps integrate acquisitions as a result of our acquisition activity, engaging stakeholders across the business to onboard the acquisitions.
- Operational Excellence uses lean six sigma methodologies to improve the efficiency and release capacity of teams in Schroders. This helps ensure teams spend the most time possible engaged in “value-add” activities that benefit the business and our clients.
- Change teams within the business work on function specific projects to further enhance Schroders’ capabilities in Technology, Distribution, Investment, Corporate, Operations, Private Assets and Wealth.
Who we’re looking for
We're looking for ambitious individuals with strong interpersonal skills, industry awareness and a desire to use their skills to improve and grow the business. With a strong academic record, you’ll be in your penultimate degree year and on track to gain at least a 2:1 honours degree or equivalent. Or you’ll be a final year student, who plans to pursue a Masters year, after the internship.
Creating long-term value and embedding positive change in the business requires ambitious people who can understand and articulate concepts quickly. We are looking for people who are comfortable with complexity and who combine intellectual curiosity with an appetite for challenge. We’re looking for a strong academic record, including a 2:1 or above in any subject, and for individuals who are passionate enough to join our rotational programme to build the breadth of knowledge and expertise fitting for a future leader within a leading global investment management business.
It’s about your commitment and passion for tackling issues and suggesting innovative ideas, and your ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels. You will have a logical approach to solving complex problems and ambition to use your skills to meet the demands of a global business.