Plastics phase-out: Exposure through the value chain
Schroders' Sustainable Investment Team tackled the hot topic of plastics use in April. With consumers growing increasingly determined to reduce their dependence on plastic, the team have now undertaken a more in-depth study to assess the areas of consumer packaging likely to face the most pressure.
While consumer companies have been most visibly affected by the increased attention, the impacts elsewhere in the plastics value chains – among packaging companies and raw material suppliers – are likely to be more intense and disruptive.
The team have looked through that value chain to assess potential risks, the companies exposed to them and the steps some leaders are taking. The biggest impacts are expected to be felt by manufacturers of plastic packaging.
- Economic and Strategy Viewpoint - June 2020
- What can the Covid-19 crisis teach us about tackling climate change?
- Covid-19 poses temporary setback to the energy transition
- European multi-asset: is there anywhere to hide?
- Has the S&P already reached its low for this recession?
- Why pension funds should consider impact investing